It’s been hot out there this summer, but that doesn’t mean it needs to be hot indoors. Did you know we also install mini-split air conditioners?
If you aren’t in a Plymouth-area home that enjoys the luxury of central air, you likely have a few window units keeping your main living and sleeping areas cool. But did you know that a mini-split air conditioning unit is a far more efficient way to cool your home on the South Shore?
Mini-splits, or ductless air conditioners, are far more aesthetically pleasing than window units, and are a simpler and less-expensive option than installing central air conditioning.
Here are the top ten reasons that mini-split air conditioners are better than window units:
- Easier on the eyes. Window units are ugly, while mini-split systems hide in plain sight.
- More efficient. Lots of cool air escapes through the sides of your window unit, meaning you’re sometimes paying to cool the outdoors.
- Less electricity used. Window units require a lot more electricity to run than a ductless system, which means they increase your electricity bills more than a mini-split air conditioner would.
- Quieter. While window units have improved over the years, they’re still much louder than ductless air conditioners. A mini-split has the fan equipment installed outdoors, meaning you don’t hear all the ruckus inside.
- More secure. Someone could break into your home by ripping your AC unit out of your window, but that’d be nearly impossible to do with a ductless AC unit.
- Multi-purpose. Ductless air-conditioners can also act as heating systems, so it solves all your heating and cooling needs all in one unit.
- More sunlight. We can’t be the only ones who hate sacrificing a whole window (in every room in the house) to an air conditioner. If you have a nice view, ductless air conditioners allow you to see it and enjoy the sunshine.
- Remote controls. While the fanciest of air conditioners come with remotes, nearly all mini-split systems do. That means you can change the temperature from your chair, and program when you’d like the AC to come on/off.
- More control. It’s hard to find a comfortable temperature with a window unit. Either you’re freezing, or you’re clicking it down a few notches because it’s too hot. A ductless system acts more like central air in that it keeps rooms a steady pleasant temperature.
- Flexible placement. You don’t need to put your ductless system on an exterior wall, meaning you can make it fit in your home both aesthetically, and so it blows cool air in the most efficient way possible. It’s annoying when the only window your AC can go in doesn’t point towards the rest of the room, leaving hot spots on the other side.
While mini-split air conditioners are certainly more expensive up-front than a window unit, a homeowner will reap the rewards of a more efficient cooling system quickly. Looking for a mini-split air conditioner in the Plymouth area? Look no further than Dunlap’s Energy!
Contact us today to learn more and get a free quote!